Friday, August 5, 2011

INDEFINITE HIATUS!

Hey Everyone!

First of all I just want to say thank you to every single member that is a part of this club. From the first 80 members to the last thousand. This club has surprised me in so many ways, and it remains my biggest accomplishment on this site! I am just so proud of the competition and MelsModels family I have built with the help of all my loyal and dedicated models and members.

I mean this is the biggest SD modeling club and competition on all of stardoll! I simply cannot believe that, but understand it. The passion in this club and the experience itself is unlike anything else on this site. This is exactly one of the biggest reasons I love this club so much, and one of the biggest reasons it is so hard to say goodbye--for now.

As for the future of MelsModels, I need a break to be honest. As amazing as this club and competition is, it is extremely draining of my time and energy. I mean the cycles usually last about 7 months and I am constantly doing work associated with the competition and it does cause me a lot of stress because it really is so darn tough making decisions. I just need a few months off to really refocus on my personal life and think about how important stardoll is to me.

This means that I, myself, will be leaving stardoll for a bit too. I need a few months off, so I can clearly think about everything in my life and see if stardoll is as important as I make it out to be.

After this time away, who knows what will happen with MelsModels. Maybe I will have another cycle, maybe I will do smaller competitions, or maybe it will just turn into a club to archive the incredible history of its past. No matter what happens, I will NEVER be deleting it and will never be deleting my account. So do not worry!

Anyways I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone once again! This goes to the judges, guest judges, models, girls and boys who applied, the people who just watched the competitions unfold, and the new users who were hopefully going to compete in the next cycle. Your passion means much much much more than you know and I will take it with me as I move on in life.

Thank You So Much! This is NOT goodbye, just a 'see you later'!

Mel

PS- Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments! I should be on a few more weeks until I take the plunge of trying to break away from here.

2 comments:

  1. Aww well, then we just have to wait for some time until the new cycle starts. I really wanted to apply, but I totally understand you because I also took a few months off, and it really helped me. I hope it will help you as much as it helped me, I really can imagine that you need a break after that much time.
    We love you! xoxo Rafi101 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait foe you to come back!! i hope you will! your fan, red.girll

    ReplyDelete